Who needs an “Employer Identification Number”?

If you do any of the following, you will need an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS:

If you operate your business as a corporation or partnership.

If you file reports for employment taxes, excise tax, or alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

If you have even one employee.

If you have a self-employed retirement plan.

If you operate as any of several other organizations.

Acquiring an EIN is very quick and simple. You do not need to complete the Form SS-4 unless you prefer to. Go to www.irs.gov. Once there, use the search box and type in EIN online. You will be taken to the page that allows you to answer questions online and you will get your EIN upon validation of your answers. You will be able to download and print your confirmation notice.

If you need assistance, please contact our office. We are here to help you.

Site Navigation


Noel Dalmacio, CPA, CFP, MS TAX
30 Corporate Park, Suite 102.
Irvine, CA 92606

Follow Us On

© Copyright 2012 Lower My Tax Now. All Rights Reserved