Summer job tax tip

Hi guys, this is Noel Dalmacio, your ultimate CPA at
Do you have any summer job tax tip?
Yes I do!
If your child has a summer job, consider opening an IRA for your kid.
If he has W-2 or earned income he can contribute to a regular or a Roth IRA.
The regular IRA is tax deductible. However, since your child might have minimal income, the IRA deduction will result in smaller tax savings.
Conversely, the Roth IRA is not tax deductible. However, the advantage of a Roth over a regular IRA is that withdrawals in retirement will be tax-free. That’s huge! We’re talking about tax-free income.
Lastly, the contribution limit for both kinds of IRA for 2015 is the lesser of your child’s W-2/Earned income or $5,500.

If you like to learn more, click the link and subscribe to my weekly blog.

Until then. This is Noel Dalmacio, your ultimate CPA at

Site Navigation


Noel Dalmacio, CPA, CFP, MS TAX
30 Corporate Park, Suite 102.
Irvine, CA 92606

Follow Us On

© Copyright 2012 Lower My Tax Now. All Rights Reserved