Requesting Fraudulent Returns Following an Identity Theft

Have you ever been a victim of identity theft? Would you like to see and review a copy of your fraudulent return filed by these criminals in your behalf?

Hello, this is Noel Dalmacio, your ultimate CPA at LowerMyTaxNow.

Today, I will share with you some information on how to get a copy of your fraudulent tax return filed by these criminals in your behalf.  You can request a reductive copy of your return from the IRS.  Reductive means a simplified version of the return without all the information. You can get copies of those fraudulent returns for the current tax year and previous 6 tax years.  The person making the request needs to be listed either as the primary or secondary social security no. on the return. Unfortunately, dependents may not request the copy.

Now, certain information on the return is reductive to protect additional victims that might appear on the return.  But any remaining data will let the victim see how much information the criminal had and how it’s used.  That’s very important.

To request a copy of fraudulent return you can use Form 4506-F and mail it to the IRS along with the required documentation.  Either you or your trusted tax advisor can complete the form.

That’s all I have. See you then.

Site Navigation


Noel Dalmacio, CPA, CFP, MS TAX
30 Corporate Park, Suite 102.
Irvine, CA 92606

Follow Us On

© Copyright 2012 Lower My Tax Now. All Rights Reserved