Did Your Name Change Last Year?

Did you get married, divorced or adopted a child last year? If yes, please make sure you do this important step, before filing your taxes.
Hello, this is Noel Dalmacio, your ultimate CPA at lowermytaxnow.

If you or your dependent had a name change last year, please notify the Social Security Administration (SSA) before you file your taxes with the IRS. If the name on your tax return does not match the SSA records, the IRS is likely to notify you about the mismatch. How does that affect you? Well, your expected refund could be delayed. So if you had a name change due to marriage, divorce, or child adoption, please file Form SS-5 with the SSA to update your information.
If you like to learn more, click the link lowermytaxnow.com and sign-in to receive my weekly blog.

Until then, this is Noel Dalmacio, your ultimate CPA at lowermytaxnow.com.

Site Navigation


Noel Dalmacio, CPA, CFP, MS TAX
30 Corporate Park, Suite 102.
Irvine, CA 92606

Follow Us On

© Copyright 2012 Lower My Tax Now. All Rights Reserved